Monday 23 August 2010

Greenhouse Garden

Hiya, hope you had a good weekend ?
We went to a maize maze yesterday which was good fun and the weather was beautiful too for a change !

Todays creations are completely out of my comfort zone but I did promise I would try different colours.

On Saturday afternoon I stamped some Greenhouse Garden flowers but then we had visitors arrive so i didn't get to play. Anyway I sat cutting them out while watching X Factor ( sad I know - but I do like it !) and when it was finished I told Hubby I would just pop upstairs to try an idea out.

He was quite happy watching Match of the Day and next thing I knew it was 1.20 am !!!


Well ,what did I get up to... ? I have seen some beautiful cards made with Greenhouse Garden but they seem to have a certain 'look' do you know what I mean ? So I decided to use some more dramatic colours.........

Used Polka Dot background stamp and Oval All for the sentiment.

On this one I used En Francais for the background and created the different shades by stamping off. Look different in these colours don't they ?

Talking about En Francais I recently had a customer ask me what the writing meant and I didn't have a clue but I know a man that does !! The lovely Chris at Stampin Up told me that its from a poem called Dawn by the French poet Arthur Rimbaud and the first sentence translates to ' I have embraced the summer dawn.'

Thanks for helping me out Chris and I just thought I'd share in case anyone else had ever wondered.

Come back tomorrow and I'll show you some more of my midnight efforts !

1 comment:

  1. absolutely stunning cards Julie. Whereabouts did you go for the Maize Maze, there's one not too far from me xx

    ReplyDelete