Monday 18 October 2010

Greenhouse Garden Pirate

Hiya,

Thank you all for your good wishes and patience in waiting for a card - and I HAVE got one to show you today !

Recently the lovely Jules sent me some stamped images to play with ( thanks Jules you really cheered me up ! x ) and they were mainly from the new Make a Monster and Pirate sets.


I must confess that these sets weren't on my wish list as I thought they ' weren't really me ' but guess what ..... I LOVE them !!!


Whilst in bed last week I read the catty (again ! ) from cover to cover and placed an order (boredom can be soo expensive lol !) which included the Monsters, just because they had made me smile !


I still can't say I was convinced about the pirates though but this morning I have been able to play and I am amazed at how much I have enjoyed using them.


I bet you are a bit confused about todays title - Greenhouse Garden and pirates ???! No, I haven't gone completely mad but because my new design papers haven't arrived yet I needed to make a background to match the pirate image. Maybe not the first set that comes to mind but you know I like my stamps to push the boundaries ......................







Okay so I didn't use the flowers but I think the stem makes a good sword inspired background.
What do you think ?

Colours are Basic Grey, Basic Black, Whisper White and Marina Mist - suitably dark and brooding !


Normally on a Monday I look after my gorgeous little nephew but as I'm still not up to chasing around after a toddler , I'm home alone and going to 'play'.
After all Hubby did make me promise not to do any housework and ( just for once ) I think I should do as I'm told lol !!!


Back soon with another pirate x

4 comments:

  1. Julie this is fab, you are so good at thinking outside the box, very clever!!!! Glad they cheered you up! Keep resting! Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Glad you're feeling better.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Julie! I too wasn't sure about the new pirate set either until we had pirate night at Jules last week. We had a fab night and now I too am a convert of the new set.
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete