Saturday 4 December 2010

Paper Flowers

Hiya, hope everyone has survived the trials of the week.


Firstly I would like to say a big Happy Birthday to Becki - hope you are having a fab day and that the postie has managed to get to you.


Unfortunately I can't show you the card I sent Becki because in my rush to send it I forgot to take a piccie - duh !

Anyway, it was the one that led to the stained fingers- Concord Crush with a bit of Old Olive. Hope you like Becki !

Managed to get to Floristry yesterday and the mission this week was unusual - decorate a canvas using artificial materials. Well I must confess I am not a great fan of artificial flowers so I decided to MAKE my own flowers.

During the class we discuss our choice of materials and everyone was a little surprised when I got out ink, paper, scissors ( sounds like the old school game lol ).
I was very pleased with the result and it was much 'more me 'than silk flowers

Pushed the boat out and used some more Elegant Soiree papersVery dimensional - I love all the different textures

My teacher liked it so much she wants me to make her one !

Yes I have ventured far enough to get a new USB cable - just couldn't wait for Santa ! x

2 comments:

  1. Julie this is gorgeous! Tell her to book a workshop with you and you will show her how to make them!!!!! Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card - those flowers are sensational! Will have to CASE this - well try at any rate!!!!!
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete