Thursday 7 April 2011

Bold Mini Bliss




Hello all,


Firstly I would like to say thank you for all the lovely comments you left on my last post. I really do appreciate them all and it's so nice to know I am not 'talking' to myself lol !


For todays creations I have chosen a bold colour combination- Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red and Love Letters designer papers. I know Sale-a-bration has sadly been and gone but I have used the beautiful Bliss butterfly to show all those of you that were looking enough to get it how the old blends perfectly with the new goodies available - the beauty of Stampin Up !


I would like to say I chose this colour scheme because I'm sick of all the beautiful Springtime Vintage projects about but I'm NOT !!! I'm just jealous because I hadn't got mine but ......

look what came today ...........

Ok so most of it isn't mine but I was still really excited opening the box and there will be some Springtime Vintage projects coming soon -watch this space lol !

Back to the cards (made with limited supplies from Coventry again ! )....



I love the new top note die and I'm sure I will be using this loads, now I've got my own.




This one uses the negative from the above and I have just put some black card behind. Obviously now I can run through as many as I want it would be easier to cut out the black one and just place on top but needs must !


Once I got started I just couldn't stop lol !These use the new decorative label punch and the pillow box die, with more ruffled ribbon.


Well I hope you likey ?


I have decided to enty these into the Simply Stampin Challenge blog that has started this week.I have NEVER entered a challenge before but there's a first time for everything !!!


Better go and sort out my new goodies, I have enjoyed having to make something with very limited supplies but it will be sooo nice to have my own, now which colour will I choose first ? !!

10 comments:

  1. Wow - all your projects are beautiful. I especially like your first card. I love the colour combo and how you have put them all together. I too have been making red and black cards today and also ribbon roses.

    Thanks for taking part in the first Simply Stampin Challenge....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Julie, not long now until Saturday!!! Eeekkkk!! Cant wait! Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just gorgeous Julie! Love these love letter papers, which reminds me, I haven't even opened my pack yet! Must rectify that!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie

    absolutely gorgeous - wish I had though to take some DSP with me to Coventry!! I wasn't really sure I liked the Love Letters DSP but having seen these little beauties think I will get a pack.

    Have a fab day with Jules and the team on Saturday - am so envious of you all!!

    Love Terri xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this paper pack, and you can't go wrong with a black, vanilla, and red combo!
    Think the pillow box is my fav, but then it's very hard to choose
    kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! What a set of fabulous cards - so elegant!
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for joining in our first Simply Stampin Challenge. I love all of your projects! Plus I love getting those boxes full of SU goodies, (even if they aren't always mine!) Good Luck and please join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a project (not to mention the stash...!) Fab use of colours, so striking and I too am a huge fan of the Top Note die, which I suspect I shall be using a lot! Thanks for joining us at the Simply Stampin' Challenge, Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' your cards are stunning, I love the bold colours of the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, these have taken my breath away - such a clever way to use the Love Letter DP! And what an exciting parcel to open! Have fun with that!

    ReplyDelete