Saturday 7 May 2011

Living it up in London



Evening all,

No crafty projects to show you today but just wanted to show you where I've been for the last couple of days.


I had an invitation to a posh do in London, new dress required , it just happened to be a week after the main event last week lol ! It was an all expenses paid trip to a black tie awards evening in a VERY posh 5 star hotel. We travelled down by train, first class of course !




This was inside the hotel and was like being abroad. Our room was HUGE ......






We had a fantastic time , everything was amazing but I'm so glad I didn't have to pick up the bill !!!

It was a very late night ( or more accurately middle of the night ! ) so I think I might need a few early nights to catch up.


Nice to see how the other half live but it is always nice to come home.


This was the first time Hubby and I have stayed overnight on our own without the girls and they stayed with grandparents, so I suppose it was inevitable that Isabel would choose that day to have an accident at school !!! Luckily, it wasn't anything serious but as she banged her mouth and bit her tongue there was a lot of blood involved ( school even washed her white top because of all the blood ! ). Anyway while they were comforting her the teacher said she would ring Mommy and Isabel piped up ' you can't she's gone to London'. The teacher said don't worry I'll try Dad and she said he's gone to London too ! Luckily my Mom picked her up from school and the teacher explained what had happened and so I'm hoping they don't think I left her 'home alone' lol !

A soothing bowl of ice cream later and she was fine.


Right off for a much needed early night.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how posh is that hotel?! Looks amazing.

    Glad your little one is ok. Ice cream has healing properties ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - it looks wonderful! Glad you had a good time Julie and glad the medicinal ice cream sorted your daughter out!

    ReplyDelete