Wednesday 8 June 2011

Yipee !!!






Evening all,


Thank you ,thank you, thank you ladies for your help with my Blogger problem. I think I can now leave comments again but I'm still not sure what's going on with the spaces ! I have another mission for you tonight lol .............does anyone know anything about emergency first aid for cucumbers ?





I think I mentioned previously that Isabel was very keen on growing things and we have a pumpkin, some baby carrots, some mini tomatoes and some lettuces that all seem to be coming along nicely but when we went away last week I left the cucumber plant in the conservatory as I had been told it was too early for it to go outside. Well, one mini heatwave later and it's not looking too good ....................






You can stop laughing now ! I've tried Miracle -Gro but so far , no miracles lol ! If it doesn't revive by the weekend I have had to promise to get her another one. Grass looks nice and green though doesn't it ?





Anyway, back to what you really came to look at. Last week I took my SU catalogue on a shopping trip and we were in search of some SU friendly fabric. One of the reasons I wanted a Big Shot was the fact that it cuts thru other materials than card and paper, about 50 I think !



Obviously there is plenty of fabric available but I wanted something that would match SU colours and only a small amount of it because I'm definitely not good at sewing lol ! A very nice lady in John Lewis let me study all the colours and then buy some in 10cm amounts rather than metres and this is my first fabric Fun Flower............










Isn't it fab ? I'm soo excited. Amazingly, it looks good with Baja Breeze, what a coincidence hee hee. The larger flower is just fabric but the smaller one is glued to card so it can still be turned up. I'm going to enter this card into the Simply Stampin sketch challenge this week.



I also made another 8 x8 card and used Sweet Summer and some Itty Bitty flowers.......




Couldn't resist a little Top Note die box - I love these !!





At least these flowers look a bit healthier than the cucumber lol ! If anyone has used other materials in their Big Shot please let me know, I'd love to see what you've made - and I look forward to hearing from the green fingered amongst you lol !



6 comments:

  1. Fab little set Julie! Loving these fabric flowers, must give this a go myself!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie - great to see you back in Blogland - and with such fantastic projects too! I love the fabric flower and it goes beautifully. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a fab set of projects! I love them all they are so crisp and clean.
    Thanks for joining in with this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, LOVE that fabric - a perfect match!! Gorgeous projects they look so crisp & fresh, thanks for joining us at Simply stampin' challenge, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this works really well! Good on you for experimenting with other mediums, I must give this a go. Thanks for joining us this week at the Simply Stampin' Challenge, Niki xx (PS I'm afraid I can't help with the cucumber, buy a new one I'd say!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous - you are so creative!

    Luv
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete