Wednesday 6 July 2011

Glorious Gloriosa

Evening all,







More April showers again ! We must be due another heatwave soon !



Todays cards are inspired by this stunning beauty...............

It's a gloriosa and a fabulous shade of Melon Mambo with just the slightest hint of Pumpkin Pie and so teamed with some Basic black for added drama my colour combination was decided lol !




Anyone who reads Becki's Crafty Creations will know that she has made some amazing cards with a brayer so I thought I would have a go. I'm not very good yet - perhaps I could have a lesson next time we meet Becki lol ?




Does anyone else have moments when they suddenly get an idea come to them in bed and they just HAVE to get out and try it ? Well, that's what happened for this flower. I suddenly thought the overlay stamp from Greenhouse Garden would make an ideal dandelion/ alium style silhouette.Look how seamlessly I added the stem - without even using my stamp-a-ma-jig, bet I couldn't do that again !!!


The next card uses Silhouette Sentiments and that stem again...............
and finally a quick z fold card using another hostess set, Fast and Fabulous





Hope you like my attempts with the brayer. I enjoyed practising even if I did end up with Melon Mambo fingers from cleaning it lol !

No comments:

Post a Comment