Sunday 14 August 2011

Coming up Roses

Evening all, had a good weekend ?








Well, the footie season has started again. It seems only 5 mins since that stressful , rollercoaster afternoon when Wolves were battling to stay in the Premier League ! They've started ok though- 3 points from an away trip to Blackburn ! Hubby is delighted that they are 3rd and in a Champions League slot in the league table now, downhill all the way now for the rest of the season lol !!!


This afternoon we went to David Austin Roses and even the Molineux rose was in full bloom.......



but as I'm not keen on yellow it was actually these gorgeous pink ones that inspired todays cards





Colours are Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive...........


The square central panel is the stamp from Growing Green just randomly stamped and the roses I have cut out from this sheet of Springtime Vintage paper..........

I must confess I normally automatically turn this one over because I love the blue pattern on the other side lol.


I also made a smaller card and scrunched the seam binding ribbon


This actually distressed ME because I normally put it thru my hair straighteners to get any creases OUT ! I wasn't too sure I liked it at first but I think it's growing on me.


And just because I haven't used Fun Flowers for a few days I made this too, although it hasn't got a home yet.

Do you like how my post is linked today- from Wolves to the Molineux rose, to pink David Austin roses to my rose inspired efforts . This blog is not just thrown together you know lol ! - well not today anyway !

No comments:

Post a Comment